The series of good news about sexual predators getting prisoned is disseminated all over the web. With the good news, a large number of facts are getting unveiled too, such as the number of victims, the age of the victims, mean through which these predators approach the innocent people, the psyche of predators and a lot of other constructs are getting revealed.
Facts Reveleaved by the Police:
After analyzing a number of cases, police has elaborated a number of facts about the predators. Here are some of those for you to know:
- Most predators admitted to contact kids aged between 12-18 years.
- The age of these sexual predators ranged from 19–64.
- The internet provides the easiest way to predators to trap immature, innocent kids.
- On the internet, sexual predators present themselves as the teenagers.
- Social forums and the dating apps such as omega, Tinder, MeetME, OkCupid etc. make their tasks easier to contact innocent people.
- More than 500,000 predators are online every day
- There are approximately 800,000 Registered Sex Offenders in the United States.
- 16 percent of teens considered meeting someone they’ve only talked to online and 8 percent have actually met someone they only knew online.
Aren’t these facts scary? The worst part revealed is the abuse of the internet and the negative impacts of it on your kids. You can never be sure of somebody’s real identity, neither you can trust them. But do you expect your kids to think of all these facts? If you are a parent of a teenager, you should understand the situation and take every possible step to ensure your kids’ safety. The first step you can take is talking to your kids about communicating with a stranger online. There are thousands and million of true stories that can help you explain the risks. The recent case of Fairfield brings a lot of realities on board that you can reveal to your kid in order to make them understand it better. In addition to educating them, you will have to make sure that they do not get themselves into any trouble and for that you can install FamilyTime parental control app on their devices so you can stay posted about the sites they visit, the apps they use, people they connect with, and the places they visit etc. The app offers a range of features that help parents not only monitor but take control too. Using the parental apps in this digital world is considered the best option available to parents. So, be tech-savvy and save your kids now!