COVID-19 has created havoc around the globe. It has put the world on hold and there is no defined time frame when the situation will get better. The symptoms of this disease are similar to the cold and flu. If the person has a fever and experiences problems in breathing, then he or she should instantly get in touch with the doctor for the treatment.
As a parent, you might be wondering what should be done as a part of the precautions to take care of children. In the following blog, we will look at the important things that you need to know regarding the precautions to keep your family safe from this disease:
Doctors are playing their important role to keep individuals informed about this disease and they are telling about all the precautions to keep yourself safe. Doctors recommend homecare to the person in the following situation:
- Person who has coronavirus.
- Person who was tested for COVID-19 and waiting for their result.
- One who has symptoms of flu like cough, fever, and sore throat.
Even if the person is sick and they don’t know whether they have coronavirus or not, they should stay at home. They should only go out in case of an emergency or for medical care. This is important to prevent the spread of the virus among other people.
Things To Be Done At Home
Your home is the safest place during these uncertain times. If you want to keep yourself and your family safe, stay at your home and practice social distancing. In this way, you are also keeping others safe. Even if you have any symptoms, you need to stay at home and put yourself in quarantine to get recovered soon.
It might happen that one person may become sick. You should do the following:
- Keep yourself away from that person and pets in your home.
- You need to wear a face mask if you are close to that person. Note that the cloth face covering should be used for people older than 2 years who don’t have trouble while breathing. It is recommended not to leave your child alone when they are wearing a cloth face covering. You need to know about the recommendation given for cleaning, using, and removing the face cloth or face mask by the health authorities.
- If a person is coughing or sneezing, he or she should cover it with a tissue. After the use, the tissue should be thrown away in the dust bin and hands should be washed properly.
- For washing your hands, you should use soap and water. Wash hands for minimum 20 seconds. Furthermore, you can also use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- The person should stay at home and try to use a separate bathroom.
- The person should use separate dishes, cups, glasses, and eating utensils. These things should not be mixed with other utensils. To wash those utensils, use a dishwasher or wash them using hot soapy water.
- Separate bed sheets and towels should be used by a sick person.
- If a sick person is not able to wear the cloth face covering or face mask, then the other person should wear it when they are sitting in the same room.
- It is important to ensure that the shared spaces have good air circulation. It is recommended to open your window or turn on the air conditioner.
- It will be best to don’t allow visitors into your house. This rule is applicable to both adults and children.
- All the family members should wash their hands after intervals and wash hands for 20 seconds using water and soap or alcohol rubs.
- The person who is sick, his or her clothes, towels, and bed sheets should be washed separately with the hot water. It is better to wear gloves when handling their laundry. After handling the laundry, don’t forget to wash your hands even if you are wearing gloves.
- It is essential to clean all the things in your house that are frequently touched by other family members in a house. The things will be light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, sink handles, toys, phones, and counters. If possible, keep toys of sick children away from other toys.
Protecting Other People in Community
It is the duty of every person to not only take care of himself but also take care of the community. For this, do the following:
- The sick person should stay at home. He or she should go out only when they need medical care.
- Other family members should also stay at home. They should follow all the instructions given by the doctors, local health care authorities, or by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to know for how long and who should stay at home.
- If anyone is going out of the house, he or she should wear a face mask or clothe face covering. Don’t forget to keep a distance of 6 feet between you and the other person.
- You need to contact your local or state health department if you are not sure to whom you have to notify in case of a problem.
When To Call A Doctor?
If any person in your house shows any symptoms, then you need to get in touch with a doctor without any delay. You need to inform the doctor about all the symptoms and whether they have been tested for coronavirus or not!
When going to the doctor, keep the following things in your mind:
- A person should wear a face mask.
- Keep tissues in your hand in case of coughing or sneezing.
- In case of any problem of trouble in breathing, call 911 or visit the emergency room.
Things Children Can Do
It will be very much difficult for the kids to stay at home, they might get bored. In this situation, let them do the following things:
- Let them talk to their friends or other family members on the phone.
- Let them use the messaging or calling to stay connected with their friends.
- They can play online games for a set time.
- Tell them to play with puzzles and properly clean all the toys of your child.
It’s Up To You!
Precaution is always better than treatment. It is best to follow all the precautions and take care of yourself along with other family members.
Moreover, as children are staying at home, the use of digital devices will be increased. To monitor the screen time of your child and other online activities, get the FamilyTime app today. The app comes with amazing features like app blocker, internet filtering, check-in, and check-out alerts, call history, location history, text message monitoring, and much more.